In order to create a template based on the Paperspace Ubuntu Linux images, please use the following procedure.
NOTE: The machine used to create the Template will then become unusable. We recommend deleting it afterward. Alternatively, you could take a Snapshot before the Template creation, and then revert back to that Snapshot once the Template is complete.
- Create your Linux machine to your desired specifications
/usr/local/bin/paperspace-create-template.shto prepare the machine for Template creation. You must add `sudo` before the command. i.e. `sudo paperspace-create-template.sh`
- The output will look like this:
- Power down the machine with
sudo shutdown now (or sudo halt if that doesn't work)
- Return to your Paperspace Console
- From the Machines tab, click on your machine's tile and scroll down to the Create Templates section.
- Click the green plus sign to create your Template
Your Template will now be available for you to create new machines from under the Templates tab in your Console.