Welcome to the Parsec Template on Paperspace
The Parsec template offers a low latency, a high-quality streamer that is optimized for remote gaming. With Parsec you get low latency, 60 frames per second video over the internet for accessing and playing PC games. You can access your favorite games from home or outside your home without carrying a bulky gaming laptop or buying an expensive gaming rig that will be out of date in 6 months. Paperspace offers you a high-quality GPU machine in the cloud that anyone can launch. Using Paperspace with the Parsec template will mean you will always have the best gaming machine around.
Paperspace's Parsec machine is a fully featured desktop in the cloud optimized for playing the hottest games on the market. The Parsec template is based on Windows 10 (Running as Windows Server 2016 in Desktop Mode). The template comes pre-installed with Steam, Origin, Razer & the Blizzard App along with Google Chrome. You'll need to add a Public IP.
All you'll need to do is sign up for an account at Parsec.tv and download the software to your local machine and you'll be all set.
Tip: You can now create a cloud gaming machine directly through Parsec!
What's on the template?
Your Machine Learning Paperspace Linux machine comes pre-installed with the following software:
You can install additional software/games as you would on any computer.
How do I use Parsec?
- Create an account on Parsec.tv
- Download the Parsec Client. Parsec is available for any Mac made after 2011 running macOS 10.9+, any PC with this hardware running Windows 7+, or the Raspberry Pi 3. If you’re on a Mac, after downloading the application, you’ll need to right-click and open — double-clicking will not work because we’re not distributed through the app store.
- Open your Paperspace machine via the browser application provided on Paperspace’s console. Please do not use the native application for your machine. This will cause issues with Parsec. If you happen to do this, you’ll need to go back into the browser app, reset your display resolution in the Nvidia Control panel to 1080p or lower.
- Launch the Parsec Server with your Parsec account and save your password for automatic logins. If you want to run Parsec as an Admin to have access to User Access Control screens (Task Manager), please right click and launch Parsec Server as Admin from the Start Menu or Applications.
- Close Paperspace, Open the Parsec Client on your local computer and click connect. You can change settings to optimize the connection (like increasing your bandwidth to improve video quality) in the settings section of the client. Once in awhile, it can take a few seconds for the mouse to appear at launch as Parsec and Paperspace sync video display settings. Please give it a few seconds to appear.
- Click your preferred software & download your favorite games.
- Start Gaming!