A custom template allows you to encapsulate a machine into a file, and create more machines from it. It's a great way to deploy several machines with your custom settings and software preinstalled.
NOTE: These instructions are for Windows machines only. To create a Linux Template, please follow these instructions.
Create a Template
Perform the following steps to create a custom template of a Paperspace Machine:
- Power your machine down
- In the Console, navigate to your machine's settings by clicking the gear in the machine's tile
- Under Create Template, click the green "+" button
- Name your Template
- Click Create Template
Create a Machine from Your Template
Now that you have a Template, you can use it to create more VMs.
- Click the Templates tab in your Console
- Click the Create Machine button from your Template. The create page will look just like a regular machine creation, but your Custom Template will be selected:
- Continue with creating your machine by selecting storage size, naming it, and adding any features you need!
Delete a Template
- Click the Templates tab in the navigation bar or find the orginal machine
- Click delete Template