About Paperspace Public IPs
- They are static
- You cannot bring your own public IP to Paperspace
- You cannot use your Paperspace public IP outside of Paperspace
- Public IPs are region-specific. If you add a public IP to an East Coast VM, you cannot reassign it to one on the West Coast
- We do not offer dynamic domain name transfer. We recommend using DYN or other existing services and using the names they have available.
- When you delete a machine, your IP will stay in the Networks tab in case you want to keep it to assign to a future machine. You can also release it if you don't need it.
Note: Public IP addresses forward all traffic to and from the "external" interface of your VM. This is typically called "eth0"(Linux), "Local Area Connection" (Windows 8) or "Network [#]" (Windows 10). This is not the loopback/localhost/127.0.0.1 interface.
How to assign a public IP
When creating a machine
When creating a Paperspace machine, you'll have the option to attach a public IP.
After a machine has been created
You can also attach one afterward from your Console under the machine's details, by selecting your machine and clicking "Add Public IP" or by going to your Networks Tab and selecting the Public IP, which you can then assign to a machine.
Machine Details page:
Pricing: Public IP addresses are $3/month, and billing is prorated for the time that you have them.