For the most part, you have full control over your Paperspace machine. The following are a list of settings and software that must remain unmodified for your machine to operate properly. If you have modified any of the components, you are welcome to submit a ticket to Support but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee we can recover the machine for you.
Tip: Generally, if you are concerned that a change might break the machine or your connection to Paperspace, we recommend taking a Snapshot so you can revert to a previously functional state. If you have any questions about specific changes, you can always open a support ticket.
Windows User Account
- It is not possible to rename, modify, or remove the Paperspace account within Windows. You can add another user account with separate permissions but must remain logged in as the Paperspace user. The only way to reveal or safely change the password of the VM is with this tool.
- Please refer to this article on how to configure a firewall to ensure you don't lose access to your Paperspace machine.
Required Paperspace Software (Windows)
- Paperspace requires the following software to run:
- Paperspace Agent
- Paperspace Service
- NVIDIA Graphics Driver
- Razer Surround audio driver
- Salt Minion
- Various Citrix Xen/Xenserver programs & services
- .NET Framework
Please do not update, uninstall or modify any of this software.
Display Settings (Windows)
- The resolution of the remote machine cannot be changed from within the machine itself. You can change the resolution by resizing the remote window (in the browser or native app).
- Please refer to this article on how to configure a VPN.
IP Address & Internet Settings
- Do not modify the IP address within your machine.
- Do not modify the ethernet or network settings on your VM -- they will disconnect your VM and cannot be restored.
- The VM hostname cannot be changed.