Beginning on July 17, 2018, Paperspace price changes will begin to go into effect. This article will cover the timeline for those changes and detail all changes. This price change is dependent on and effective as of the release of version 6.5, so the beginning date is subject to change based on that (and updated here). Release notes will be updated here.
It's important to note that your Paperspace virtual machine pricing is split into two components, Storage and Usage. Storage rates are the rates you pay for Paperspace to store and maintain your machine's drive on our servers, which is billed on a monthly basis for both monthly or hourly machines. Usage Rates are based on the machine type you choose. Monthly and hourly machines both have usage rates; monthly machines have a flat rate for the month paid upfront and hourly machines have a set hourly rate that is paid on the first of the month that calculates how many hours you've used (down to the millisecond).
- Any new machine created after July 17th, 2018 will have new storage rates and usage rates (depending on the machine type).
- Starting July 6th, Gradient Jobs and Notebooks run on Paperspace have the new compute/usage rates below. Those run on GCP will have new, lower rates.
- Starting August 1, usage rates of hourly and monthly machines for all users will reflect the rates below.
- New GCP instances are being added for Gradient
- All Shared Drive rates are changing
What's staying the same?
- The storage rate of any machine that predates the July 17th price change will be maintained for the lifetime of that machine in that rate. If that machine is deleted or upgraded the rate will change to the new rate, and this is not reversible.
- Usage rates, both hourly and monthly, are not changing for Standard GPU (Air, Standard, Advanced, Pro) or C1-C10 machines.
- Most add-on pricing is not changing: Public IPs, Snapshots, Templates, VPNs, Private Networks and AD integrations
- Pricing for Standard GPU machines (Air, Standard, Advanced and Pro) are not changing.
- The usage rate of VMs belonging to teams with contracts will not change for the lifetime of the contract.
Compute/Usage Rates: GCP
**NEW & coming soon!!